Sunday, March 8, 2015

KEEP YOUR HOLIDAYS OFF MY BODY


Man, I feel good. It's the day after my day dedicated to me&my kind and I'm feeling liberated. I feel like I can do whatever I want. See whoever I want, say whatever I want. Get a tattoo, go to a bar, drink a coffee publicly. Hey- even cancel plans with my father. This was totally different than any other day! How was time before this day celebrating my normal humanity??

Truth be told, ladies and gents: My body is my self, and it is so personal that I feel it literally transcend politics. I feel it is so completely mine that there is not but an ounce of me that considers it up for public discussion, pity, debate, vote. There is not one part of me that wants it to have an international holiday, no matter how cute the gesture or how many famous people and foreigners (read: Europeans) celebrate it. 

Because obviously that's bullshit. 

My weight, my skin, my labor, my life -- they are mine. Just like these things belong to you, men. Peep this, guys-- I look the way I look and am the way I am because I want it that way. I work the way I work because I need it to be that way.

So it's not you. It's me. I was born this way and idk and idc and neither should anyone else, including but not limited to Allah.
 
I know my Creator understands. Shouldn't you by now? 🙏💃✌️ 

Oh- Happy belated International Women's Day, everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment